Notice from the Konz-Wiltingen forest district: Firewood allocation 2022/2023
The demand for leaves firewood has increased significantly in all municipal forest operations managed by the Konz-Wiltingen forest district.
These additional amounts of firewood are either not available within the framework of proper and sustainable forest management or there is a lack of working capacities to provide this additional requirement in the time window for the hardwood harvest.
As a result, the available order quantities of the individual households have to be reduced. Further orders can no longer be considered.
Expected to stand this season per household to disposal:
- City of Konz including all districts > 3 to 4 cubic meters
- Municipality of Wiltingen > max. 7 to 8 cubic meters
- Municipality of Wasserliesch > max. 7 to 8 cubic meters
- Municipality of Oberbillig > max. 7 to 8 cubic meters
- Municipality of Pellingen > max. 8 cubic metres
It is possible that this situation will continue in the coming years - especially in the area of the city of Konz. It is precisely here that a significantly increased demand meets a limited supply. Please be prepared accordingly.