the road authority is according to § 44 road traffic regulations (StVO) determined by state law and responsible for monitoring and implementing the road traffic regulations.
The road traffic authority is responsible for the arrangement of traffic signs and road markings (as far as they are defined by the StVO), traffic restrictions such as speed limits, detours, barriers, one-way streets and traffic lights. The tasks of the road traffic authority are, for example:
- Arrangement of signs and markings on roads (traffic signs)
- Authorization of work sites on roads (construction sites)
- Cycling events, motor sports events (classic car rides, slalom rides, time trials)
- Permits for heavy transport, large volume transport and dangerous goods transport
- Exemptions from the Sunday driving ban/holiday driving ban
The services of the road traffic authority (exemption permits and traffic law orders) are subject to a fee. You can get more information from the contact persons.